[ros-users] how to use pr2_controller_manager with a different robot

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 8 16:44:46 UTC 2010

> Also... are the real-time publishers below doing anything different than
> regular publishers, given that they aren't actually working in part of the
> pr2_controller manager? It seems I didn't have to call ros::spinOnce()
> anywhere to get those to work, but I ended up having to call ros::spinOnce()
> every 100ms anyway to get the incoming pose commands to update.

spin/spinOnce/etc. only affect calling your callbacks.  Publishing a message
does not require spin/spinOnce at all.  (Mentioned briefly in the pub/sub
tutorial:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/roscpp_tutorials/Tutorials/WritingPublisherSubscriber,
and more in-depth in the callbacks/spinning overview:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/roscpp/Overview/Callbacks%20and%20Spinning).

Josh