[ros-users] Access to node name (cpp)

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Thu Sep 9 18:34:41 UTC 2010

In addition to using rxconsole or manually using ros::this_node::getName(),
there's an accidentally undocumented feature in cturtle that lets you
specify an environment variable format string, e.g.:

export ROSCONSOLE_FORMAT='[${severity}] [${time}]: ${message}'

This is the default if unspecified.  You can use ${node} to add the node
name, e.g.:

export ROSCONSOLE_FORMAT='[${severity}] [${time}] ${node}: ${message}'

I'm documenting this on the rosconsole page now, but the current possible
formatting options are:
severity
message
time