[ros-users] RVIZ segmentation fault

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Fri Sep 10 19:00:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Peshala Jayasekara
<peshala_24 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I recorded a bag file when RVIZ was crashing. However, when I played it
> again RVIZ does not crash and seems ok.
> So, I still did not file a ticket.
> Previously I was using Ubuntu 9.10 and because of this, I installed 10.04
> to check whether it is a problem of my graphics card (my graphics card is
> intel, whose state in Linux is not very good, I guess). It didnt resolve the
> problem; but RVIZ does not crash as frequent as it did.
>
> Any thoughts?

Unfortunately no, though Dave's suggestion to turn off compiz is a good one
(System->Preferences->Appearance->Visual Effects->None).  Can you still file
a ticket, but without the bag file?  That will at least put the issue into
our tracking system in case someone else has the same problem.

Josh