[ros-users] Is there any sample code for ROS robots control?

Peter Brook pbrook at cs.washington.edu
Sat Sep 11 04:17:48 UTC 2010

Hey,

I don't know much about those questions, but if you try setting ROBOT=pr2
rather than PR2 it might work.

Peter

On Sep 10, 2010 6:34 PM, "JIA Pei" <jp4work at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, John:
>
> Sorry to bother you again.
>
> 1)
> I checked out pr2_2dnav_gazebo and put it under the corresponding folder
of
> my installed ROS.
> say: /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gezebo/pr2_2dnav_gazebo
>
> When I do roslaunch
> "roslaunch pr2_2dnav_gazebo pr2-armless-wg-fake_localization.launch"
> I got 'ROBOT' is not set
>
> jiapei at jiapei-laptop:/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gezebo$ roslaunch
>> pr2_2dnav_gazebo pr2-armless-wg-fake_localization.launch
>> ... logging to

/home/jiapei/.ros/log/73e7b77a-bd42-11df-8314-0040d0a919ff/roslaunch-jiapei-laptop-4044.log
>> Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
>> Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
>> Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.
>>
>> environment variable 'ROBOT' is not set
>>

> Then, I set 'ROBOT' as "PR2" (I just guessed this, how to set
> this environment variable? )
> This time, I obtained "Invalid roslaunch XML syntax: [Errno 2] No such
file
> or directory" .
>
> jiapei at jiapei-laptop:/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gezebo$ export
>>> ROBOT=PR2
>>
>> jiapei at jiapei-laptop:/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gezebo$ roslaunch
>>> pr2_2dnav_gazebo pr2-armless-wg-fake_localization.launch
>>
>> ... logging to

/home/jiapei/.ros/log/db1290a0-bd42-11df-b443-0040d0a919ff/roslaunch-jiapei-laptop-4091.log

>> Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
>>
>> Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
>>
>> Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.
>>

>>> while processing

/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gezebo/pr2_2dnav_gazebo/2dnav-stack-fake_localization.launch:

>> while processing

/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/pr2_navigation/pr2_navigation_global/move_base.xml:

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/branches/trunk_cturtle/stacks/wg_robots_gazebo/pr2_2dnav_gazebo

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/trunk/stacks/wg_robots_gazebo/pr2_2dnav_gazebo

'
>>> doesn't exist
>>> jiapei at jiapei-laptop:~$
>>>

>>> Any further suggestions?
>>>

>>> Best Regards
>>> JIA

http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_2dnav_gazebo/Tutorials/Simulating%20the%202dnav%20Stack>page
to include where to get pr2_2dnav_gazebo.

ROS,