[ros-users] Is compatible ROS with a laser URG-04LX-UG01?

Tõnu Samuel tonu at jes.ee
Mon Sep 13 10:58:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 12:36 +0200, Juan Antonio Breña Moral wrote:

> I saw that ROS is compatible with Roomba, but I don't know if
> URG-04LX-UG01 is compatible with ROS. is it compatible?

If you ask question like this I am sure about two things:

1. ROS is not compatible with you. ROS is not end-user product. It is
development platform which makes easy to integrate any existing hardware
or software to this framework. Any hardware. So yes, it is compatible
with anything.

2. You have not used Google to search "ROS Hokuyo". First match is
http://www.ros.org/wiki/hokuyo_node

  Tõnu