[ros-users] Manipulator control interface ?

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Sep 13 11:50:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Konrad Banachowicz wrote:

> thx,
> I think that implementation of joint_trajectory_action in orocos would be safer
> solution, but is it possible to use action interface from orocos ?

This raises an important _design_ discussion: the action interface is in
many ways not a good design for coordination of activities. For example,
the documentation on line gives examples of a "template" for a state
machine that contains lots of "wrong" states (i.e., some states should be
the same, but they have been giving wrong names) and (hence) misses
appropriate state transitions.

It could be nice to redesign ROS' action interface together with the FSM
support in Orocos....

Herman

--
   K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng., Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
     <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 328056