[ros-users] Is compatible ROS with a laser URG-04LX-UG01?

Andreas Tropschug tropschu at in.tum.de
Tue Sep 14 10:19:13 UTC 2010

  Am 13.09.2010 12:36, schrieb Juan Antonio Breña Moral:
> I saw that ROS is compatible with Roomba, but I don't know if
> URG-04LX-UG01 is compatible with ROS. is it compatible?
As others have already said, the ros::hokuyo_node is your friend.
It implements the SCIP2.0 protocol, so it should be compatible with
all (recently bought) hokuyo laser scanners.
The old firmware (by default) speaks SCIP1.x so it isn't compatible.
Depending on your firmware version, you can either patch your firmware,
or soft-switch it into SCIP2.0 mode.
See this pdf:
http://www.hokuyo-aut.jp/02sensor/07scanner/download/data/URG_SCIP20.pdf

Best regards,