[ros-users] OpenCV export flags

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Sep 14 15:56:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Steven Bellens
<steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the ViSP package
> (https://svn.mech.kuleuven.be/repos/orocos/trunk/kul-ros-pkg/visp)
> against the OpenCV version of ROS cturtle:
> https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/vision_opencv/tags/cturtle/opencv2.
>
> However, the compiler complains about it not being able to find the
> right OpenCV includes. When I build ViSP with 'make VERBOSE=1' it
> shows that the only opencv include is
>
> -I/home/steven/src/svn/cturtle/install/stacks/vision_opencv/opencv2/opencv/include/opencv
>
> while the opencv2/manifest.xml clearly exports 2 paths.
> Is there something wrong with the export statement of the OpenCV
> package? Or am I trying to find the headers in the wrong way?

hi Steven,

Are you sure that you're using the version of opencv2 that you intend
to?  Try `rospack find opencv2` to verify the package path.  You can
query the build flags manually like so: `rospack export --lang=cpp
--attrib=cflags opencv2`.  In my cturtle installation, I get both
includes:

-I/u/gerkey/code/ros-cturtle/all/vision_opencv/opencv2/opencv/include
-I/u/gerkey/code/ros-cturtle/all/vision_opencv/opencv2/opencv/include/opencv

Moving up the chain, you can query the build flags for visp (which
should include the build flags for opencv2): `rospack export
--lang=cpp --attrib=cflags visp`.

	brian.