[ros-users] communicating with windows

Christian Verbeek verbeek at servicerobotics.eu
Tue Sep 14 16:31:35 UTC 2010

> Great! This will really help a lot of users.
>
> If you can provide patches for your changes, we can start integrating
> them. This is a good time as it is early in the Diamondback
> development phase. It's best if you can make your patches as
> fine-grained as possible -- we can review and accept them much more
> quickly.
>
> thanks,
> Ken
We will go in three steps:
1) Do more testing with our windows port to be sure that it really does
what we expect
2) Recheck the changes we made to the original sources and port it a
second time with focus on changing the sources in a more patch friendly way
3) Generate a patch for every source file we changed

This will hopefully lead to ros sources with only a few #ifdef WIN32
directives.

There is still this message generating issue, but it would make live a
lot easier if the windows port could use the original ros sources and
only provide the windows specific build system.