[ros-users] ROS and virtual private networks

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 15 16:22:46 UTC 2010

FYI: altering an error message is generally not a good idea. In this
case, you're disguising the one piece of information that is useful
for debugging in this case.

This is basically a network configuration problem. Without knowing
what your actual network config is, it's hard to provide a solution.
As a general strategy, network configuration problems are generally
resolved by setting ROS_IP to the IP address of the configuration
you're binding to, or to set ROS_HOSTNAME to a hostname that resolves
correctly across multiple configurations.

 - Ken