[ros-users] sensor generation node for headless gazebo simulation

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 15 20:23:44 UTC 2010

Hi Kei,
Gazebo supports following modes:

   - -g : headless, no gui, but still generates image sensors.
   - -r : headless, no gui, no image sensor generation.   This mode is
   needed to run gazebo when X server with glx support is not available.
   - -p : physics engine disabled, "no-sim" mode.

I've in the past experimented with splitting gazebo into a purely image
sensor generator node and a non-rendering node, I have not been supporting
that feature.  Is it something that will help your simulation scenario?
John