[ros-users] NXT - Ubuntu - Camera

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 15 22:03:35 UTC 2010

Henry,
In terms of getting the webcam working within ROS.  There are quite a
few ways to interact with webcams
http://www.ros.org/browse/search.php?q=webcam

For NXT and Tetrix it has not been tested at all.  The ROS binding
simply use nxt-python http://code.google.com/p/nxt-python/ you may find
more information about how well supported textrix devices are from them.

We currently are using their 1.x series but plan to move to the 2.x
series of nxt_python when we have the time to update.
http://code.google.com/p/foote-ros-pkg/issues/detail?id=15

Tully