[ros-users] Standard GPS Message

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Sep 17 18:39:57 UTC 2010

Jack et al,

 As the maintainer of the sensor_msgs I'd be happy to add a message which
has reached a consensus through the review process.  However as I am not an
active user of gps devices thus would not be a good person to head this
effort.

If one of you would like to volunteer to write a proposal and run it through
the review process I'd be happy to advise and help.  As Jack mentioned, the
time is ripe for addition for diamondback.  Optimally it would be added
within the next month to allow it time to soak and users to give feedback
before the final release in diamondback.

Tully

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.