[ros-users] Tolerances used by motion planners to compare states

Gil Jones gjones at willowgarage.com
Mon Sep 20 19:07:08 UTC 2010

Hi Adolfo,

These values are not currently exposed as parameters and should be, and
their behavior should be documented, as they are indeed important aspects of
creating plans (and can be a significant source of consternation if you
aren't expecting them).  I created a ticket here:
https://code.ros.org/trac/wg-ros-pkg/ticket/4730

We are diving into a complete rewrite of ompl_ros in tandem with a complete
rewrite of ompl by our collaborators at Rice, so it's possible you'll have
to wait for a new version to see this.  In the meantime if you do happen to
create a patch in ompl_planning or ompl_ros please attach it to the ticket
and we'll look to incorporate it into the current version.

Thanks,
Gil

--
E. Gil Jones (gjones at willowgarage.com)
Research Engineer

2010/9/20 Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian <
adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com>