[ros-users] PR2 simulation with physics disabled

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Mon Sep 20 21:45:06 UTC 2010

Hi wpd,
Yes, that's the expected behavior, without the physics engine the robot
mechanism controllers torque commands along with all other dynamic effects
are simply ignored.
John

On Sep 20, 2010 2:12 PM, "Patrick Doyle" <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is a FAQ, I didn't see any references to "disabled"
and "physics" in the mailing list archive.

I just started gazebo with physics disabled by virtue of copying the
empty_worlds.launch and adding -p to the arguments.  Then I started
the pr2 simulator (roslaunch pr2_gazebo pr2.launch) and pr2_teleop.
When I do that and try to drive the robot around, it doesn't move.

Is this expected behavior or am I missing something.

It would not be terribly surprising to me to learn that if the laws of
physics were all repealed we wouldn't be able to get anywhere :-)

--wpd