[ros-users] Poineer's Path Navegation

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri Sep 24 17:18:25 UTC 2010

Safdar,

Do you see any obstacles appear in-front of the robot in rviz when it starts
to move backwards? It should only back up when it has a legal plan to go
forward but cannot find a local trajectory that enables it to move. For the
robot to back up for a large distance, I'd expect that it would have to
continuously see an obstacle in front of it.

Looking at the following topics in rviz should help:

move_base/local_costmap/obstacles
move_base/local_costmap/inflated_obstacles
move_base/local_costmap/unknown_space

Hope this helps,

Eitan