[ros-users] Overlapping of map using slam_gmapping

Laura laurago894 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 22:03:54 UTC 2010

Hi Brian

I checked the odometry as you suggested and found out that there is in fact
something wrong with it. I, however, don't understand what is causing the
problem. While I was rotating the robot in place, i noticed that the map
frame and the odometry frame weren't rotating in the same way. The map frame
didn't rotate enough and therefore the laser scans were overlapping.

I also noticed that only half the scans were being mapped
(http://yfrog.com/149wpp) and I am not sure if this is due to an odometry
error or if it has something to do with gmapping. I am enclosing one of the
bag files I recorded today: http://www.mediafire.com/?87j717suk1d4kx9

Finally I wanted to add that my transform tree is the following:

map->odom is broadcasted by gmapping
odom->base_link is broadcasted by ROSARIA
base_link->base_laser_link is broadcasted by a node created by Raph, a ROS
user and that I found in this link:
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/Pioneer3-td1265101.html#a1288712

Thank you very much.

Greetings