[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Mon Sep 27 21:48:21 UTC 2010

Patrick,

There are two things to try:

1) Record a bag file of the problem on the robot. Just record everything
since it should only take a couple of seconds to see the problem from what
you've been saying. If you send me the bag, I can try to track down what's
going on that way.

2) Reproduce the problem in simulation. If you can get this to happen in
stage in a reproducible manner, that would make it super easy to track down.
You can use the navigation_stage (http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation_stage)
package as a starting ground, make whatever modifications you want, and post
a patch. I tried this in the morning with your configuration files to
attempt to reproduce the result, but didn't have any success.

I'm still a bit baffled about my inability to reproduce this in simulation
as I don't see what would be different between that and a real robot.
Perhaps the bag file will help. I'll also take a pass over the code again as
well to see if there's something glaring that jumps out at me.

Hope all is well,

Eitan