[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:33:44 UTC 2010

Patrick,

I took a look at your bag files and have discovered a pretty serious looking
problem with your odometry at 20Hz. When plotting your reported angular
velocity (rxplot /odom/twist/twist/angular/z), I noticed many large spikes
in it (faster than -25 at one point... that's a _crazy_ number of
radians/sec :) ); this type of noise is definitely not a good thing and
might be throwing off the navigation stack (pretty sure it assumes you have
well-behaved odometry data). Since that magnitude of spike isn't present in
the 10Hz version, you may want to make sure that your velocity calculations
are not making assumptions about loop closure rates for their dt. For
example, if every once in a while, due to timing problems you actually see
2-3 dt worth of angle change in a single loop and then divide by dt, you
will get a completely incorrect velocity; I saw behavior just like that on
my real-time controller when we accidentally stuck some non-deterministic
code in the real-time loop.

Also, the -o flag for rosbag record can be handy when sharing bag files - it
can give a descriptive prefix to the bag file, such as
'odometry_at_20_hz...'. See
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosbag/Commandline#record for details.

Hope that helps.

- Eric