[ros-users] Overlapping of map using slam_gmapping

Enea Scioni enea.scioni at student.unife.it
Tue Sep 28 07:04:37 UTC 2010

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure about your problem, but I've some suggestions:
1)The map that you see it seems just the first scan by your laser: It means
that the slam_gmapping is not working properly;
2)Probably your TF tree is wrong, or you're missing something. For istance,
I used map->odom->base_footprint->base_link->base_laser_link. Try to add the
base_footprint, or check in general your tree.
3)I used ROSARIA, but not in order to create a map. I'm feel more
confortable to use the P2OS driver (I suppose that you're using a pioneer
based robot). You can find it here: http://www.ros.org/wiki/p2os.
I tried it and for your goal it works. Besides, I think that use ARIA
library in ROS could not be a good deal: you just need the driver for your
robot, not all ARIA library. (But this is just my personal opinion!)

Let's me know if you will get results!

Good luck,
Enea Scioni