[ros-users] Poineer's Path Navegation

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Sep 29 17:03:29 UTC 2010

Safdar,

It sounds like whatever sensor you're using to provide obstacle information
to the navigation stack continuously sees an obstacle right in front of the
robot. The obstacle isn't actually there, but the sensor is reporting that
it is. Can you look at just the raw data from your sensor in rviz (with a
laser that'd be the raw LaserScan)? I imagine that you'll see a point in
front of the robot. For the navigation stack to work, you'll have to resolve
this issue with your sensor.

Hope this helps,

Eitan