[ros-users] Pioneer2DX does not move with p2os

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 17:30:32 UTC 2010

Georg-

I wrote the p2os driver. I don't recall implementing the direct wheel
drive command for the p2os ROS node. Implementing a feature like that
is not on my list for the immediate future, either. The main reason is
that with a Twist message on the cmd_vel topic, direct wheel drive
(where we are trying to control the wheels individually), there is not
a standardized ROS message type for that, so one would need to be
created. If there are many requests for such a feature, I will add it
to the future features list, but it is not on the immediate agenda.

However, I will gladly accept a patch that does implement such, if one
is submitted to me.

Sorry for the confusion.
-Dave