[ros-users] Pioneer2DX does not move with p2os

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 17:34:29 UTC 2010

Georg-

Right off the top of my head, I'm thinking that the problem may be
with pulse. The way the the pioneer works is that if no message is
sent to the controller for 2s, the controller assumes that it has lost
its connection and shuts down. On most pioneers, this is not enabled
by default, however on some, including possible yours, it is. To
remedy this, we send a pulse message (just a blank message really) to
the pioneer every 2s. You can set the driver to do this by setting the
pulse parameter to 1 (right now it is -1). That will force the driver
to send the pulse every 1 second.

Good luck. And let me know if that is not in fact your problem.

-Dave