[ros-users] New urdf_tools Package

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 15:33:11 UTC 2010

I'm guessing here, but it looks like you're loading the URDF into the
parameter called urdf_xml. You should load it into robot_description,
and it should work as usual.

I forget where I borrowed this convention from, but the idea was to
allow you to specify which parameter to read the urdf from. So if you
normally load the URDF into hand_description, then you could set
urdf_xml to hand_description, and then it would load hand_description
instead of robot_description.

-David!!