[ros-users] p2os joystick teleoperation

Matt McLellan mattmclel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:29:17 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with driving my P3AT robot around using p2os and
a usb joystick.  p2os is running fine, as I can publish a commanded velocity
(using rostopic pub ...) to drive the robot around.

When I run the joystick teleoperation node, it sends all zeroes for the
commanded velocity.  I see in the code there's run and deadman buttons, but
pressing those buttons doesn't seem to make anything work.  Does anyone have
any experience using the joystick to drive around a Pioneer robot?  Is there
something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks