[ros-users] openni_camera not publishing any data

Suat Gedikli gedikli at willowgarage.com
Mon Apr 4 22:37:59 UTC 2011

Hi,
this seems to me as a problem with the original OpenNI/PS-driver (from
Primesense). Somtimes the XnSensorServer dies. This is also reported as a
known bug in the newly released drivers from Primesense. Can you check, if
the process XnSensorServer is still running if you quit the openni-ros-node?
If so, just kill that process and start the node again. If this does not
work, just check if the node works with just one stream. e.g. just image or
just depth?
If it works with just one stream but not with both, then you have to try
another usb-port (another usb bus actually).
-Suat