[ros-users] viewing usb webcam stream with rviz

Benoit Larochelle Benoit.Larochelle at dfki.de
Thu Apr 28 11:04:00 UTC 2011

Hi Matt,

You should post this question on answers.ros.org.

RVIZ forces you to give a frame ID to see the image, and this frame ID must “exist”. Often, when you see this error, it’s because you don’t have a TF between your reference frame and your camera frame. You can just publish a dummy TF if you don’t need anything complex.

To help you debug, you can use image_view like Suat suggested, because this one does not require a frame id.

Benoit