[ros-users] Announcing new ROS repository: pandora-auth-ros-pkg

Miltiadis Allamanis mallamanis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:33:44 UTC 2011

Hello ROS Community!

The PANDORA Robotics Team at the Department of Electrical & Computer
Engineering <http://www.ee.auth.gr> of the Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki <http://www.auth.gr/home/index_en.html>, Greece wants to
announce our new ROS repository at
https://github.com/pandora-auth-ros-pkg/pandora-auth-ros-pkg

The repository contains, for now, two stacks:

   - *ros_pandora_generic* contains packages that are platform-independent.
   Packages include utilities such as a remote watchdog timer, a remote
   mutex/counter. We have also implemented a wrap-around the Google
Mocking<http://code.google.com/p/googlemock/>framework and created
mock objects for Subscribers/ Service Servers/
   ActionLib Servers to be used for testing (such as range tests). There are
   also a number of other utility classes for testing. Finally, we include an
   EPOS Gateway implementation, that we have used for our motors.
   - *ros_pandora_platform_specific* contains packages that are specific to
   our PANDORA robot, build for the RoboCup Rescue 2011 Competition. More
   specifically, there are currently two packages using our testing utilities
   to test interfaces and perform range tests and one package implementing our
   Qt GUI.

We will continue to update our repository with new packages throughout the
next months.

Best regards