[ros-users] Versioned Code API documentation now available for released stacks/packages

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 3 22:13:38 UTC 2011

One of the benefits of having released stacks is that it lets our
indexer associated your code with particular ROS releases.  We've now
upgraded our indexer to start producing version-appropriate
documentation for Code API (e.g. doxygen, epydoc, sphinx) resources.
We hope that this will make it easier for users to find relevant
documentation, as well as easier for authors to manage documentation
across multiple versions.  Due to infrastructure issues, we only
support Diamondback and later releases.

If you go to the wiki page for a released package, you will see
updated links under "Code API" and "Msg/Srv API" in the right-hand
navigation bar.

Examples:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/tf
http://www.ros.org/wiki/sensor_msgs

Feedback is welcome.  We are also looking for doxygen experts out
there for assistance in making our doxygen template prettier.  If you
would like to lend a hand, please drop me a line.

NOTE: this new documentation is produced from the debian packages
associated with a stack release.

 -- your friendly neighborhood ROS Indexers