[ros-users] ROS Electric Support for OS X Lion

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:48:24 UTC 2011

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that we (my colleagues and
I) have started an effort to document and fix any issues related installing
ROS Electric Emys on OS X 10.7 Lion using Homebrew instead of Macports.  We
are creating documentation and patches as we go in our github.com repository
located here:

Instructions:
https://github.com/wjwwood/ros-osx/blob/master/electric-lion-homebrew/README.md
Repository: https://github.com/wjwwood/ros-osx

The instructions linked above walk through setting up ROS Electric on a
clean Lion install using the Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/)
package management system.  I would encourage anyone who is interested to
give it a try and report any problems you run into either on this mailing
list or as an issue on the github site:
https://github.com/wjwwood/ros-osx/issues.  We would also welcome any help
in the form of resolving issues, documentation, and patches.

Currently, the ros, ros_comm, common_msgs, and geometry stacks are known to
work.  This includes some pretty commonly used packages like most of the
command line tools and tf.  We will be continuously updating this repository
so keep an eye on it if you are looking for something specific.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University