[ros-users] ROS Electric beta status

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 17 03:55:12 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your help during this ROS Electric beta period.
You've all really helped improve this ROS Electric release.  We will
soon be transitioning to 'release candidate' status.  We are currently
holding off in order to test and release Python 3 support that Michael
Karg, Severin Lemaignan, and Lorenz Mösenlechner have been working on.

If there are other issues that you consider 'blocker', please let us
know; otherwise we will spin the servers over to get RC1 fresh and
ready.  If there are patches that you wish includes with the final ROS
Electric release, we encourage you to file tickets ASAP so that they
are included with the launch.  We hope to have the final ROS Electric
release by end of month.

thanks,
Ken