[ros-users] ROS in MacOSX (just concerns)

Carlos J. ubuntuslave at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 03:17:05 UTC 2011

I'm trying to use ROS in MacOSX after successfully installing (not
completely tested yet...stuff like rviz doesn't work...Ogre is ugly to
install and it fails through macports). I'm not sure what to expect ...will
other things be as simple to just install and play like in Linux? Will
OpenCV work? will my uvc cameras work?

I would like people's opinions about this transition (please, don't bash me
for the ridiculous question). I would like to have a feel of how many actual
mac users are having ROS working successfully. As I said, my roscore works
and got the desktop-full install fine (no errors), but I ran into the case
where rviz is there but it's NOT there really...

Why does stuff like "make eclipse-project" doesn't work in here?

Thanks for the positive/negative vibes to whoever feels my position.

Carlos