[ros-users] Developers workflow in ROS repositories

Jose Luis Rivero jrivero at iri.upc.edu
Mon Aug 29 16:08:16 UTC 2011

Hi all:

At our centre, we are working to bring our ROS repository public. I want
to ask the people which currently maintain a ROS repository what is the
kind of workflow used with SVN.

Our objective is to keep trunk stable enough, so intrusive changes, work
in progress or new packages preferably should not appear there.

Using a branch comes to mind as the natural way, but "branching" the
whole repo for every project (new packages or new features) could not be
the best idea.

For repo maintainers: what is your current workflow? commits in trunk
directly? branching the whole repo? partial branching? two repositories? =)

Thanks a lot.

--
José Luis Rivero <jrivero at iri.upc.edu>
Institut de Robòtica i Informàtica Industrial [CSIC-UPC]