[ros-users] Versioned Code API documentation now available for released stacks/packages

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sun Aug 7 20:33:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Ingo Lütkebohle <iluetkeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice :-) I recently missed that and am glad its there now.
>
> Is the infrastructure code for that available?

All code for the wiki infrastructure is available, but not very well
documented.  Most of it is in the 'rosorg' and 'ros_release' stack.

I've included the build config we use the generate the docs below.

cheers,
Ken

#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -o errexit

sudo apt-get install python-setuptools mercurial git-core
python-sphinx -y 1> /dev/null

echo "installing index via rosinstall"
sudo easy_install -U rosinstall
sudo apt-get install ros-$DISTRO-ros -y
rosinstall /tmp/rosdoc_checkout
http://code.ros.org/svn/ros/stacks/rosorg/trunk/rosdoc_rosorg/index/repos-$DISTRO.rosinstall
--rosdep-yes  --continue-on-error
cat /tmp/rosdoc_checkout/setup.bash
cat /tmp/rosdoc_checkout/setup.sh
. /tmp/rosdoc_checkout/setup.bash

roscd rosdoc_rosorg && rosrun rosdoc_rosorg install_distro_index.py
index/distro-$DISTRO.yaml
rosmake rosdoc_rosorg --rosdep-install --rosdep-yes

echo "running rosdoc_rosorg on index"
roscd rosdoc_rosorg && rosrun rosdoc_rosorg rosdoc_rosorg.py -o
/tmp/doc --upload=wgs32:/path/to/www.ros.org/html/doc/$DISTRO/api
--checkout=/tmp/rosdoc_checkout
--distro-index=index/distro-$DISTRO.yaml

 - Ken