[ros-users] ROS Electric Support for OS X Lion

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Aug 15 01:24:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM, William Woodall <wjwwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, so far no, but looking ahead I think I need it for proper numpy,
> matplotlib, scipy, and iPython support:
>  http://www.thisisthegreenroom.com/2011/installing-python-numpy-scipy-matplotlib-and-ipython-on-lion/
> If it turns out this was only necessary these days then I will roll back to
> the built-in python.

I've installed numpy both from source and pip with the vanilla Apple
Python 2.6 and had the same result: successful install, though two of
the 100+ unit tests fail.  I didn't really bother looking into the
nature of the failing tests, but I didn't see anything that would
indicate that Python 2.6 was at issue.

 - Ken