[ros-users] rosdep and interdependent rosdeps

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Aug 15 02:22:04 UTC 2011

Yes, if you look in rosdep/src/rosdep/installers.py both the MacPorts
and PIP installers have test implementations including dependency
tracking.

Each rosdep installer can return a list of other rosdep packages which
must be installed first.  And rosdep has the logic to call get_depends
and then install them first if they're not already installed.  So in
the HomeBrew installer you can implement the get_depends method and
then add "depends:  python-numpy" inside the homebrew specific
parameters.

Tully