[ros-users] ROSjava and non-standard messages

Mark Rowan m.s.rowan at cs.bham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 11:25:04 UTC 2011

On 15 August 2011 19:16, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Mark Rowan <m.s.rowan at cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>> but after the execution stage begins, the script returns
>> "Unable to locate node myPackage.MyClass".

> Based on your description of your build you will need to:
>
>  1) Add a <jar> build to your build.xml
>  2) Add an export to that describes the jar you built, e.g.:

Did you mean to say 'Add an export to manifest.xml'? That's where I've
put my <export>, at least, and it seems to work (see below).

> <rosjava-pathelement location="target" groupId="ws-commons-util"
> artifactId="org.ros.rosjava.ws-commons-util" version="0.0.0"
> built="true" />
>
> The above is using Maven's nomenclature (http://maven.apache.org/):
>
>  * location: path to directory where your jar file is
>  * artifactId: name of jar file (sans version number and .jar)
>  * version: version number in jar file
>
> Thus, the jar file name for the above is
> target/org.ros.rosjava.ws-commons-util-0.0.0.jar

I didn't manage to get this working with the JAR file, but using

<rosjava-pathelement location="build" built="true" />

I've been able to directly run the compiled Java class files, which
suits me fine.

Thanks again!

Mark

--