[ros-users] ROS package git repository conventions?

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:04:10 UTC 2011

Ok, a more practical example:

We at Ulster have a shared account on GitHub called
"uu-isrc-robotics<https://github.com/uu-isrc-robotics>".
We started with one repository, called
uu-isrc-robotics-pr2-pkgs<https://github.com/uu-isrc-robotics/uu-isrc-robotics-pr2-pkgs>that
contained one stack and some packages in the stack. When we released
the rubik's cube solver
code,<https://github.com/uu-isrc-robotics/pr2_rubiks_solver>I decided
to keep it separate from the other stacks (to avoid people having
to pull a lot of code they don't need). I guess this will become common
practice in the future, say Berkely stack becomes a collection of several
stacks hosted by the same user (but not in the same repository).

Now the problem is that every time we release a new stack, we'll have to
notify ros-users, get a confirmation, and wait for the the crawler to find
the new stack. So my idea would be to have a crawler that monitors a user
account (for example "uu-isrc-robotics <https://github.com/uu-isrc-robotics>")
and automatically finds and indexes which repositories contain stacks.

I hope it makes sense now

email: l.riano at ulster.ac.uk, lorenzo.riano at gmail.com
skype: lorenzo.riano

Webpage: http://isrc.ulster.ac.uk/Staff/LRiano/Contact.html