[ros-users] REP 114: rospkg standalone library

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Aug 23 02:31:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Brian Gerkey <gerkey at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> +1.
>
> What should we do with rospack?  Seems like the same reasoning that
> leads to splitting out rospkg would suggest separate packaging of
> rospack (and rosstack).

Yes, that is the plan.   They will be optional dependencies of rospkg,
and eventually all would be combined into a 'ros' bootstrap debian
that was distribution-independent.   It's also possible that some of
the other binaries in ros/bin could go in this -- in particular, the
python scripts that follow the 'import foo; foo.main()' sort of
pattern.

My only concern with rospack is librospack, which could use some
improvements before it goes bigger.

 - Ken