[ros-users] ROS in MacOSX (just concerns)

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:35:03 UTC 2011

You _can_ do homebrew and macports at the same time, but there can be
complications, like if your homebrew packages try to link against libraries
from macports rather than the system ones, but homebrew was expecting the
system one.  Usually you can work around those issues, but really you'll
just have to try it out.  You could also build opencv-2.3.1 from source.  It
is pretty easy to do, you can see my changes to the homebrew formula for
opencv-2.3.1 here:
https://github.com/wjwwood/homebrew/commit/41093ac462243224869b68473dd277a2b5ae4e3a
and you can probably work out how to build opencv manually from that
file.

I will try to install and test the openni stuff later this week.

Later,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University