[ros-users] [Ros-developers] problems compiling with pcl_visualization dependancy

Radu B. Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Thu Dec 1 21:20:48 UTC 2011

Moataz,

On 11/22/2011 07:48 AM, Moataz Elmasry wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm working on a project that is using pcl_visualization as a dependancy among others
> ros unstable has been installed via ubuntu repo
>
> For some reasons, I'm trying to use the rosinstall tool and checked out the source code using it. Now while compiling
> the project, I get the following error from pcl_visualization
>  /home/user/ros/perception_pcl_addons/terminal_tools/include/terminal_tools/time.h:41:31: error: pcl/console/print.h: No
> such file or directory

You should not use pcl_visualization anymore. That is deprecated. The correct visualization packages now reside on
pcl::visualization:: and they are part of PCL.

> And its true, there's no pcl/console at all in the ros unstable distro, but time.h is including it

That sounds very unlikely. We test all our tools periodically and something like that should have come up.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org