[ros-users] pr2 odometry tf relationship backwards?

Lorenz Mösenlechner moesenle at in.tum.de
Fri Dec 2 10:51:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

you are right, this behavior seems somehow odd. I guess the reason is
that on the PR2, the TF tree looks like this:

 /map -> odom_combined -> base_footprint -> ...

As far as I know, Pr2Odometry is set up to not publish transforms at
all, just Odometry messages. These are read by the robot_pose_ekf node
which then publishes the odom_comined -> base_footprint transform. If
you want to use the Pr2Odometry node for doing it, I think you might
need to fork and hack it. This should not be too hard however.

Lorenz