[ros-users] Fwd: [ros] #3755: rosbag record under Electric does not record all topics

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Dec 8 16:27:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Brian Gerkey <gerkey at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Juergen Sturm <sturmju at in.tum.de> wrote:
>> since a few weeks I have serious problems with rosbag under Electric. For
>> some reason, rosbag does no longer record all requested topics. Does anybody
>> know how to fix/workaround this bug?
>>
>> Ticket URL: <https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3755>
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  I'm digging into it, and have a potential
> fix in hand.  Anybody interested should follow along on the ticket
> linked above.

The fix for this bug is in ros_comm 1.6.6, just released.

To summarize the bug: in ros_comm 1.6.5 (and only in 1.6.5), rosbag
improperly records data when: multiple topics of the same type are
published by the same roscpp-based node.  In this situation, data from
multiple topics are stored in the bag as if received via just one of
the topics.  A common example of this situation is recording both rgb
and depth data from openni.

	brian.