[ros-users] ROS gazebo and player

Nate Koenig natekoenig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:26:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

You can download and install Gazebo independently from ROS. It's also
possible to get the same version as used in ROS. The easiest way to
accomplish this is to look in
simulator_gazebo/gazebo/Makefile.gazebo.hg.
There should be lines that should look like:

HG_DIR = build/gazebo-hg
HG_URL = https://kforge.ros.org/gazebo/hg
HG_BRANCH = wg2

You can clone the gazebo repository, update to the wg2 branch, and
give that a shot.

Alternatively, you can get the latest gazebo-1.0.0-RC1 release from
gazebosim.org

Player support has lagged over the past year. With ROS support mostly
complete we'll switch over to re-integrating Player with Gazebo. Shoot
me an email if you would like to help out.

-nate