[ros-users] rviz is moving to Qt, preview available

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:37:12 UTC 2011

If you want to get rviz_qt working on OS X, and you are currently following
the instructions on the wiki (
http://www.ros.org/wiki/electric/Installation/OSX/Homebrew), you may need
to update the following packages.

   - laser_pipeline to 1.4.0
   - geometry to 1.7.1

There are a few fixes that have been rolled in, but aren't in the electric
install yet, as far as I can tell.

I built rviz_qt from a fresh ROS install this afternoon, and that's all
that I had to touch up.

~mc