[ros-users] Move_base fails

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:43:45 UTC 2011

Hello Eitan,

Yes, you are right!

We are trying to achieve to send goals to the robot one after another. In
tutorial it can set only a single goal.

We had tried couple of thing to work this out:

1.  Put while(ros::ok()) loop around move_base tutorial code and check if
old destination <> new_destination, if yes then send_goal to Action server.
like, below:

while(ros::ok())
{
  if goal.x <> old_goal and same for y then,
  {goal.x = <x from outside>
  goal.y = <y from outside>
  send_goal and wait for feedback;}
   old_goal = goal.x and same for y.
  ros::spin();
}

Here, we found that it does not stop for a goal to achieve, while loop
continues its execution. We also tried with threads.

2. In next trial, we removed the code from while loop and kept code as it
is. Here, we gave a call to move_base code from some outside code which is
receiving destinations x,y.
like,

  Code1: receive new x,y other than old if yes call move_base program.
  and in move_base_program: same code given in the tutorial.

Even this did not work.

3. we also explored your rviz goal.cpp file where we found you are
populating data in poseStamped directly. So we tried to copy the same
fundamental in our code which also did not help.

Every time we are getting below message after trying all above option,
"Aborting because a valid plan could not be found. Even after executing all
recovery behaviors"
The interesting part is that, it is setting an arrow against destination in
rviz but not planning a path towards it.

4. Apart from all above options finally, we tried finally to give goals one
after another from rviz. In this case it worked properly (arrow set and path
is planned). We tried to give same goals which were there in first through
first options.
My rxconsole is taking lot of time to execute so i am not able to get the
output from it.

Long story short, It is setting an arrow from code or directly from rviz but
it does not draw a line of local planner from robot to destination if it is
through our code.

Are we suppose work on any other point?

-Abhy