[ros-users] Can't download unstable

Ian Lenz ianlenz at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Feb 1 22:37:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to get the unstable version of ROS installed on my machine so I can use it with a Kinect. I managed to install the stable version fine, but can't seem to do the same with unstable. After following all the steps at http://www.ros.org/wiki/unstable/Installation/Ubuntu, when running sudo apt-get install ros-unstable-desktop-full I get the following:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package ros-unstable-desktop

I've tried different mirrors and even different machines and can't seem to get anything other than this error at this stage. Maybe there's something obvious I'm overlooking though. If anyone has any thoughts on how to fix this (or can definitely tell me that unstable is down and I should just wait), I'd appreciate it. I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Ian