[ros-users] how to manually set the speed of the left and right motors of diff drive base

Benjamin Cohen bencohen2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:31:56 UTC 2011

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a differential drive gazebo plugin for small
platforms (specifically for the Erratic) that allows me to manually set the
velocity of the left motor and right motor instead of using a
geometry_msgs/Twist to control the center of the base.

for example:  instead of publishing a Twist message on the /cmd_vel topic to
control the base of the robot, I would instead publish a message on
/cmd_motors with 2 floats, left_rpm & right_rpm to drive it around.

thanks,
-- ben