[ros-users] RE2 Internship Opportunities

Doug Peters doug.peters at resquared.com
Thu Feb 3 18:46:30 UTC 2011

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n2416780/RE2_logo.png RE2 is a
rapidly grown robotic manipulation firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. We are
currently working on a number of programs which utilize ROS and are looking
for several co-op students or interns to assist in the development of these
projects. The posting follows; please refer to the ROS Users group when
applying for this position.

Thanks,
Doug Peters
jobs at resquared.com

Education
•	Third year or above, majoring in a related field
•	Minimum 3.0 GPA

Job Description
The Software Engineering Internship requires a formal engineering or
computer science education, superior problem solving skills, and independent
decision-making ability. Responsibilities include:
•	Designing and implementing software systems in a team setting
•	Coding and testing company proprietary software tools
•	Assisting with the design and development of real-time control algorithms,
sensor interfaces, and serial and ethernet communications.

Requirements
•	US Citizen or Permanent Resident
•	C/C++ programming experience
•	Experience in one or more of the following subject areas:
   o	embedded/real-time programming
   o	robotics
   o	machine vision
   o	control systems
   o	machine learning
•	Excellent analytical problem solving skills
•	Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools
•	Willing to follow organizational software standards

General Information
Location:	Pittsburgh, PA
Hours:	40 hours/week
Duration:	3 or 6 month
Contact:	jobs at resquared.com

About RE2
RE2, Inc. is a growing start-up company with a dynamic culture. RE2
specializes in research and development of robotic systems for DoD and
emergency responders. While we have experience in many aspects of robotics,
our core focus is in modular manipulation systems. The RE2 staff consists of
electrical, mechanical, and software engineers focused on developing
products that can be fielded to our soldiers and emergency responders to
enable safer and more efficient operations that can ultimately save lives.
The fast-paced, dynamic team environment enables team members to work on a
variety of interesting projects while gaining new skills and knowledge.
Founded in 2001, RE2 has experienced consistent year-over-year growth and
has a strong backlog for continued dynamic growth.

Contact
Email resume and cover letter in PDF or Microsoft Word format to
jobs at resquared.com with “Software Engineering Intern – SI01” as the subject
of the email. Please clearly indicate citizenship status on the cover letter
or resume.