[ros-users] strange lagging behavior in rviz, in the links connected to the base_link

kadir kadirfu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:36:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have just started learning ROS and it's various tools for the project that
I'm working on.

I have merged the urdf files of the pioneer3dx robot
(usc-ros-pkg/p2os/p2os_urdf), and swissranger sr4k tof range
cameras(ua-ros-pkg/arrg/ua_robots/swissranger_camera_description), and added
several fixed links just for the sake of completeness.

I am running pioneer robot by using teleop_base/teleop_base_keyboard, and
visualizing running robot on rviz.

The problem is that, although the base_link is immediately transformed and
new pose is shown properly, other links connected to this link comes after
in a lagged fashion.

Since I'm pretty new here, if you can help me to shrink my search space, it
would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Please see the attached screenshot and watch the screen video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITr25A3MBw here , showing this problem.
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n2426278/Screenshot-6.png

-Kadir-